Friday, January 15, 2010

"The road diverged in a narrow wood"











The pictures above from left to right are me on route to Georgia Thursday, Amacalola Falls, the trail, and me at The Hiker Hostel tonight.

Hello All,

I had such a great day...did you all pray that I would have the best possible weather while I am in GA? Thank you if you did:) It worked.

I left Tampa in the late morning and headed to Georgia. I stopped by the Hildoer's (Anthony Hildoer's parents) house just outside of Atlanta. I spent the night there and laughed all night with Lourdes, Anthony's mom. I left there this morning and headed to Amacalola Falls with is north of Atlanta, it is where the approach trail is for the Appalachian trail. It is a beautiful place. When you start the 8 mile all uphill hike you are confronted with a 700 stair steep climb to the top of Amacalola Falls, when you get tot the top you are rewarded with a breathtaking view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. After that I headed towards Springer Mountain. I feel like with was so long ago that I started the Appalachian Trail but I remembered how hard it was at the beginning and was happy to see that hiking farther that I had my first day on the trail today with a significant change in effort. It made the hike so much more enjoyable.

I know that this entry is completely boring but I am sleepy:) I will post more updates and pics tomorrow night if I am not camping.

Bridgette

1 comment:

  1. Bridgette, I love you!!! You are a such an example to me:) I really want to do things with you... I am just a little chicken:/

    ReplyDelete