Friday, April 10, 2009

Hello

Well this is the end of day four. Can I say the past four days have been the longest four days of my life...I am saying this while smiling as I am typing.

The first night was the most horrible night of my life. It was 20 degree's outside and windy. I was so cold that I shivered all night long and did not sleep a wink. As I laid there scared for my life, I thought "what the heck am I doing?"and felt very desperate in between my shivers. As I was laying there I thought, this too shall pass and it might look brighter in the morning. It did. I figured the first couple weeks were going to miserable and I would just endure. I am happy I did. I feel excited in the morning when I start hiking, like I can conquer the world, and by the time I roll into camp somewhere I know that I should not make any rash decisions because I am tired and sore:)

I have met so many amazing people, all on the trail for different reasons. There is a lot of support from fellow hikers and I feel all of your prayers. I will keep going knowing that everyday will be a little better. Also my trail name is Brier Rose...smile

Love you.

2 comments:

  1. (smile) I am so proud of you! I am sorry I missed your call...Jordan and I were napping but man now I'll promise to keep it on me all the time...please call again. Miss you and glad all is so great.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete